– It’s very hard to compete without having a product centric people in the company.
– Hire very slowly and do it personally, like Matt and Jason still do.
– To have a mission is the most important motivator, money being a demotivator in the worst case.
– 50/50 share of ownership is great.
– Insight: Matt told they’re happy with MySql, not looking to switch to any NoSql database solution. Mahalo is switching to Cassandra.
– Matt on why he didn’t just sell and take the money:
“When the road ahead of you is longer than the road behind. The impact one can have on the future is much greater than any money.”
Watch the entire interview:
Find out more About Me and fellow Top 100 Women in Tech in Europe. Connect with me on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or just drop me a line! Subscribe to my Feed, Startup Advice, and Swedish Startups Twitter list. And remember, “You never learn anything when you speak, only when you listen” – Roelof Botha / Douglas Leone, Sequoia Capital