This is a presentation I gave at Svenska Dagbladet Developer Conference on December 3rd 2009.
The presentation will be answering questions like:
- Why do fans matter
- Who’s “stealing” your audience and ad revenues
- Why one should be part of social engagement and be distributed across all platforms
- How to monitor, filter, curate and report content
- Open: No paywalls, more open APIs!
- Google: No boycott, no noindex
- Mobile / HTML5: Native (and social) apps for eyeballs w rev. share, browser based apps rule
- Ads: Growth in Mobile, Video, Social networks, Blog networks
- Blog Networks Hyperlocal, Niche Content: Get going or get run over by
- Monitor: User behavior, Buzz, Reputation – Not just traffic
- Curated Content: Filter user generated content
- Distributed Content: Be a person, be where your fans are (yes, even social networks), enable all types of sharing
- Facebook: Strong competitor as an advertising and news platform
Hope you find it useful. Let me know if I can be helpful.